Photo by AP/RICHARD VOGEL
Caretakers oversee a grow room for medical marijuana at ShowGrow, a medical marijuana dispensary in Los Angeles, in this April 20 photo. Arkansas’ marijuana amendment allows up to 32 dispensaries supplied by ÿve cultivation facilities around the state.
Big bucks required
Medical marijuana businesses in Arkansas must show the state they can can afford hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees and bonds in order to get licensed. These rules stand as long as the General Assembly approves them.
- Pay an application fee of $7,500
- Pay a $15,000 one-time licensing fee and $22,500 annual renewal
- Give proof of assets or a surety bond of at least $200,000And give proof of $100,000 in liquid assets.
Cultivation facilities must:
- Pay an application fee of $15,000
- Pay a $100,000 annual licensing fee and submit an initial $500,000 performance bond
- Give proof of assets or a surety bond of $1 million
- And give proof of $500,000 in liquid assets.
Source: Staff report